Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Youth Policy Action Center

For the last few weeks, I have been spending a lot of time working on the Youth Policy Action Center website (http://www.youthpolicyactioncenter.org). I think the Center is really taking off, with 10 new members in the last month. Just today, I had a conference call with Maya and two representatives from Future Voters of America. I'm glad they're adding their organization to the 80+ members working with the Center already.

Right now I'm working on involving our members more with the site, helping them take advantage of our resources to better pursue their agendas. I'm especially glad to be helping those organizations who stake out strong positions on legislation, but don't have the technology that we do. I think the software will really help those organizations pursue effective campaigns to get their message to their representatives, senators, media outlets, whoever!

I have very high hopes for the future of the website. I think with time and hard work, the great ideas behind the Center will really expand the effectiveness of young Americans seeking to make a difference. I hope politicians sit up and take notice when we reveal the political potential of the youth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home