Friday, March 10, 2006

An AARP for Youngsters?

Seriously, why don't we have one of these?

Besides boundless amounts of energy, a feeling of immortality, an undecided future, lots of hair and hip clothes, youngsters have a lot going for them. Most importantly, their numbers. I haven't check the statistics but the percentage of people aged 18-25, from what I hear, is very high.

There are a lot of old people, too. In this case age seems to have trumped over youth in that they've found a way to come together. With incredible political force, these old fogies have managed to secure themselves some pretty nice benefits, and I dare say a better way of life. Couldn't we do the same? I mean, we all have debt, we all are hurting for health care, we all have concerns about the environment and education- combined with the fact that we are aged 18-25. My friend Kimmie had to go to Mexico to get a root canal... what's up with that?

ZH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home